11:48 29th Aug, 2016
Is Apple Working On A Snapchat Like App? | TechTree.com
Is Apple Working On A Snapchat Like App?
Rumored to be working on a video sharing app to cash in on the popularity of social networking apps.
Snapchat needs to buckle up, after Instagram stunned users with its latest update ‘Stories’, now as per reports tech giant Apple is said to be working on a video sharing app. According to a report published by Bloomberg, Apple is developing a video sharing app mirroring Snapchat features. Users can record video, apply filters and send to those on their contacts or can send it to their followers through other social networking sites such as Twitter. The report also claims that the company is keen on developing the app to enable users to shoot, edit and upload videos in less than a minute.
The app is said to be launched next year. This is however not the first attempt by Apple to foray into social networking. Six years ago Apple launched a service called iTunes Ping, described by Steve Jobs as “Facebook and Twitter meet iTunes”which was discontinued on September 2012. Reports suggest that since Apple’s sales have dipped, the company is focused on minting money off social networking.
Ironically, Snapchat’s popularity might even be the cause of its doom! Since people all over have been addicted to using Snapchat, social networking rivals Facebook, Instagram and Twitter began to panic. Facebook owned Instagram pulled of a Snapchat rip off feature and called it “Stories”. Twitter didn’t back down either, the micro-blogging site made their “Moments” feature public. Now Apple is said to be working on a similar app. What would the future hold for Snapchat? Only time will tell.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India