15:13 10th Jun, 2016
Lenovo To Launch Modular Moto Z And Moto Z Force Soon
The device will be coming with a USB-C port audio output much like the LeEco Max2.
Lenovo held its annual Tech World conference today in San Francisco with a live broadcast featuring Chairman and CEO Yang Yuanqing, to launch a handful of new cross-connected products including the Project Tango-enabled Phab2 Pro, the flagship Moto Z and a handful of hot-swapping magnetic modular accessories.
The smartphones look similar in terms of design and even feature similar specifications. The Moto Z features the slimmer construction of the two and is just 5.2mm thin with aircraft-grade aluminium and stainless steel. There’s a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display on the front.
Inside of it is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset paired with 4GB RAM and 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. On the back we have a 13MP camera unit that features laser autofocus, OIS and a dual-tone LED flash. The front-facing camera is a 5MP unit with front flash.
The smartphone features a fingerprint reader on the front bezel, similar to the Moto G4. It also comes with a water-repellant coating. Powering all of the above is 2600mAh battery with quick charge support via a USB Type-C connector. Just like the LeEco Le 2 and Le Max, audio output is via a USB-C port. Motorola will include a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter in the box.
The company also showed off Moto Mods, which are small modules for the Moto Z phones that you can easily snap on and off without turning off the phone.
Moto Mods coming soon include the Insta-Share Projector with a built-in battery and an adjustable angle, the JBL SoundBoost speaker, and Incipio Power Packs that extend the internal battery life an additional 22 hours. Tumi and Kate Spade also partnered with Lenovo to create custom designs for the Power Packs, and the Moto Mods will be available at the same time as both Moto smartphones in September.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones