15:13 10th Jun, 2016
Lenovo To Launch Modular Moto Z And Moto Z Force Soon
The device will be coming with a USB-C port audio output much like the LeEco Max2.
Lenovo held its annual Tech World conference today in San Francisco with a live broadcast featuring Chairman and CEO Yang Yuanqing, to launch a handful of new cross-connected products including the Project Tango-enabled Phab2 Pro, the flagship Moto Z and a handful of hot-swapping magnetic modular accessories.
The smartphones look similar in terms of design and even feature similar specifications. The Moto Z features the slimmer construction of the two and is just 5.2mm thin with aircraft-grade aluminium and stainless steel. There’s a 5.5-inch QHD AMOLED display on the front.
Inside of it is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset paired with 4GB RAM and 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. On the back we have a 13MP camera unit that features laser autofocus, OIS and a dual-tone LED flash. The front-facing camera is a 5MP unit with front flash.
The smartphone features a fingerprint reader on the front bezel, similar to the Moto G4. It also comes with a water-repellant coating. Powering all of the above is 2600mAh battery with quick charge support via a USB Type-C connector. Just like the LeEco Le 2 and Le Max, audio output is via a USB-C port. Motorola will include a 3.5mm to USB-C adapter in the box.
The company also showed off Moto Mods, which are small modules for the Moto Z phones that you can easily snap on and off without turning off the phone.
Moto Mods coming soon include the Insta-Share Projector with a built-in battery and an adjustable angle, the JBL SoundBoost speaker, and Incipio Power Packs that extend the internal battery life an additional 22 hours. Tumi and Kate Spade also partnered with Lenovo to create custom designs for the Power Packs, and the Moto Mods will be available at the same time as both Moto smartphones in September.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance