07th Oct 2015
Microsoft has launched its latest flagship smartphone Lumia 950 XL just when Google is getting ready to start selling its recently launched Nexus 6P and 5X smartphones in India.
Along with this, Apple is also set to sell its iPhone 6S Plus in India. In-fact, the smartphone is already available for pre-order now on InfiBeam.
First and foremost, let us talk about the display screen of the Lumia 950 XL and compare with that of the other mentioned high-end smartphones.
The Lumia 950 XL has a larger 5.7 inch WQHD OLED display with Gorilla Glass 4 protecting it from scratches. The Nexus 6P has a similar display screen while the iPhone 6S Plus comes with 5.5 inch Retina Display.
Moving ahead, the Lumia 950 XL comes with 32 GB internal storage which can be expanded upto 200 GB via microSD card, whereas, its competitor Nexus 6P comes in 32, 64 and 128 GB variants while iPhone 6S Plus comes in 16, 64 and 128 GB variants.
Along with this, the Lumix 950 XL and Nexus 6P are powered by a Snapdragon 810 octa-core processor, the iPhone 6s Plus comes with Apple A9 chip. Also, the RAM that comes with Lumia 950 XL is similar to that of the Nexus 6P, 3 GB of RAM when compared to 2 GM of RAM in Apple iPhone 6S Plus. However, it is known that iPhones always require less amount of RAM to run heavy applications.
On the camera front, we can see a huge difference in numbers as the Lumia 950 XL comes with a 20 MP rear camera and 5 MP in the front while the Nexus 6P has 12.3 MP rear camera and 8 MP front camera and iPhone 6S Plus comes with a 12 MP rear camera and 5 MP front camera. Here, though the difference seems to huge in number, it would be actually very difficult to compare as the other two have turned out to be one of the top performers.
The Lumia 950 XL lacks in a fingerprint scanner which exists in both Nexus 6P and iPhone 6S Plus. However, the Lumia 950 XL comes with liquid cooling system and continuum which are expected to provide a PC-like experience for the smartphone users. This is really an advantage for travelling working professionals who want to get their work done on the go.
We all know that Windows as a mobile operating system is not as popular as Android and Apple iOS have been. However, running through the technical specifications on paper does bring the Lumia 950 XL on par with the Nexus 6P and iPhone 6S Plus.
To conclude, three top-notch smartphones from three different companies running on different operating systems definitely looks like a treat for the high-end smartphone lovers.
How Does Lumia 950 XL Stand Against The Nexus 6P And iPhone 6S Plus?
Lumia 950 XL, Nexus 6P and iPhone 6S Plus clearly compete with each other and are the most talked about smartphones until now in 2015.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones