Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
03rd Oct 2014
As mentioned in earlier articles, fancy features such as 3D, 4K, and web connectivity are overrated. While purchasing a TV, your priority should be its size and picture quality. Based on these parameters, we have recommended televisions under Rs 20,000 and Rs 40,000. If you you're willing to shell out more, here are the best TVs you can purchase without crossing the 60k mark.
LG 50PB6600 50" (Plasma)
Street Price: Rs 54,000
In terms of picture quality, Plasma TVs blow the LCDs out-of-the-water in every possible way. little wonder then, LG's 50-inch television tops our recommendations list. In addition to excellent colour reproduction and contrast ratio, the 50PB6600 offers Full HD resolution, which is perfect for a TV this big. With astoundingly quick refresh rate, this television has no image ghosting issues. LG has generously thrown-in 3 HDMI and 3 USB ports. This "smart" TV can connect to the Internet using the in-built Ethernet port. In short, this is currently the best 50-inch TV you can buy.
Panasonic TH-50A410D 50"
Street Price: Rs 59,000
If you have a personal grudge against the Plasma technology, then here's a decent LCD TV for you. At 50-inch, the Panasonic TH-50A410D is as big as our top recommendation. The screen features Direct LED backlighting, where a full array of LEDs are placed across the entire surface area of the screen. This provides even back-light compared to the Edge-LED LCD panels. Being an IPS-type screen, the TH-50A410D offers good colour reproduction and viewing angles. It packs in 1920x1080 pixels, so you don't have to worry about the sharpness. The TV comes with USB media playback and two HDMI ports.
TV Recommendations Under Rs 60,000 | TechTree.com
TV Recommendations Under Rs 60,000
Here are the best TVs you can purchase without crossing the 60k mark.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals