TechTree.tv: Samsung Releases GALAXY Note II Launch Teaser
YouTube video shows off very little of the device, and more of the stylus functionality; points to 29th August Unpacked launch event at IFA 2012.
Samsung is pulling out all the stops in its hype campaign as it prepares to unveil the second-generation GALAXY Note II (aka N7100) "phablet" on 29th August at the Unpacked event, scheduled to be held in Berlin on the sidelines of IFA 2012. Leading up to the launch, the company has posted a new video on its YouTube channel that gives a peek at the device. The clip stars German film director, photographer, and producer Wim Wenders of Wings of Desire fame, demonstrating how the S Pen stylus can be used to show off your creative streak by making sketches on the slate. The gadget itself is barely seen, as only a fleeting glimpse is visible from extreme close-ups. Known specifications have been mentioned after the jump. You can enjoy the video below to try and make sense of what it shows:
Here is the list of known specifications, according to GSMArena.com:
- 5.5" Super AMOLED screen with pixel dimensions 1280x800, 16M colours, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass.
- 1.7 GHz Cortex-A15 dual-core CPU, Mali-T604 quad-core GPU, 1.5 GB RAM.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- Quad-band GSM (850 \ 900 \ 1800 \ 1900 MHz), quad-band 3G (850 \ 900 \ 1900 \ 2100 MHz), 4G LTE.
- 8 mp main camera; Supports geotagging, touch focus, face and smile detection, and image stabilisation.
- 16 \ 32 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Full HD (1080p) recording at 30 fps.
- Supported video formats: H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV, DivX, XviD; Supported audio formats: MP3, WAV, AC3, eAAC+, AMR, FLAC.
- NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP and EDR, micro-USB 2.0, USB Mass Storage Support, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot, A-GPS (Assisted GPS), GLONASS, accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity sensor, compass, barometer, HDMI-Out, 3.5 mm jack.
- S Pen for sketching and handwriting input.
While the rumoured specs mention that it will released with Jelly Bean, reports suggest it's more likely to come with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which can be later upgraded to Android 4.1. Press shots were reportedly leaked last week and the new video will only generate more hype. You can log onto Samsung Mobile's Facebook page to witness the launch of the Samsung GALAXY Note II live.