11:17 27th Aug, 2015
Sony's New Xperia C5 Ultra Dual Features A Special Selfie Flash
Should help Sony stand out from a crowd of selfie smartphones.
Sony clearly invented the selfie smartphone with its Xperia C3 back in 2014 and today with the launch of its newest selfie machine is pulling off something similar.
The Xperia C5 Ultra Dual, which was announced earlier this month, brings in a couple of unique features. Some of them may be the baby steps to what we can begin to expect from upcoming Sony smartphones.
Talking about unique, this pro-selfie machine sports a stunning 6 inch, Full HD, IPS LCD display that runs from bezel to bezel and looks fantastic. The bezel-free display touches the metal frame, which is also the chassis of the device, managing a bigger display in a smaller footprint.
Clearly, the highlight of the Sony Xperia C5 Ultra is the front facing 13 MP unit. But its not just the stunning camera that’s the highlight, but also the flash. Sony claims that it utilizes a special flash called a soft LED flash, that is not as harsh as the one on the back, but built for shorter distances with better diffused lighting.
As for the rest of the specs of this dual SIM monster:
- We get a 6 inch Full HD IPS LCD Display (1920 x 1080 pixels) on the front
- Inside we have an octa-core, MTK6752 SoC clocked at 1.7 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera module along with an LED flash for both the front and the rear cameras
- As for the connectivity options, we get the usual 4G LTE bands with a Dual SIM set up, Bluetooth 4.1, DLNA, NFC, and Wi-Fi
- The handset runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and is powered by a 2,930 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual will be available in retail stores and online for Rs 29,990 in mint, black and white options and will compete with its own Xperia C4 and HTC’s Desire EYE among other selfie smartphones.
[Also Read: Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations]
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets