11:45 29th Jul, 2015
InFocus Announces Glasses-Free 3D Smartphone, Feature Phones And More
Amongst the plethora of products were also a range of LED TVs.
InFocus clearly seems to be determined to make it big in India.
The computer hardware company has moved into the world of smartphones and has already launched a couple of budget devices for the Indian market. While its success story is not out yet, InFocus held a big event to announce a wider range of devices that not only includes some smartphones but features phones, tablets and TVs as well.
The highlight clearly was the glasses-free 3D smartphone also called the InFocus M550-3D. The device offers a stereoscopic 3D display that allows it to produce a 3D experience not just for images, but for movies and games as well.
As for the hardware of this mid-range device,
- We have a 5.5 inch Full HD display
- A 1.7 GHz MediaTek octa-core chipset that is coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB internal memory, which is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back and a 5 MP fixed-focus unit up front
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands in India and is powered by a 3100 mAh battery
InFocus has confirmed the price of this 3D smartphone at a budget Rs 15,999.
Next up there were also two other mid-range devices, the M812 and M808, which focussed on build quality, sporting a uni-body aluminium construction.
The M812 is priced at Rs 19,990 and comes with
- A 5.5 inch Full HD display
- Inside we have a 2.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with 3 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back, while the front gets a large 8 MP sensor with a wide angle lens
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands and is powered by a 2900 mAh battery
As for the M808, it is priced at Rs 12,999 and goes budget with the specs:
- A 5.7 inch Full HD display
- Inside, we have a 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6753 processor with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal memory that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera on the back, while the front gets a smaller 5 MP sensor
- The handset supports 4G LTE bands and is powered by a 2450 mAh battery
Also announced, was budget smartphone called the M370 (pictured above) that brings 4G to the masses with a Rs 5999 price tag.
Enough with the smartphones, InFocus is also eyeing the feature phone market and announced a few feature phones as well. Smartphones aside, the company announced a 2-in-1 tablet with a 10 inch Full HD display and a quad-core Intel Atom processor, but there were no details about the pricing. Also announced were a range of LED TVs.
As for the smartphones, they will reach markets by September and all of them run Android 5.0 Lollipop.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets