16:52 04th Jun, 2015
Samsung Beats Apple In India’s Premium Smartphone Segment
Samsung steps ahead with marketing while Apple goes with EMIs.
India’s growing smartphone market is indeed a tough one to crack. And despite all the hype that Apple generated with its iPhone 6 launch in October last year, the company fell short, with Samsung taking the crown as the premium segment leader in India.
As per the report from the Economic Times, Samsung currently takes the lead with a 46% share in a crowded premium smartphone segment with smartphones that are priced over the Rs 30,000 mark.
All of Apple’s efforts, including the “Shot on iPhone 6” campaign still managed to capture a commendable 42% of the premium smartphone segment.
Still then, the iPhone 6 series have so far been the biggest revenue grossers for the Cupertino giant in India.
[Related: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review]
While Samsung managed to pull off the 46% edge with its major contributions from the Galaxy S6 series (along with the Note), Apple’s entire 42% percent consists of just iPhone 6 sales (75%) with the minor contributions by the iPhone 5s, 5c and 4s models. And while Apple may be selling fewer handsets, it is wise to note that all of those smartphones demand very high price tags.
Currently, Samsung still stands tall as the market leader with Micromax in second place. Seems like Samsung has turned around and has begun innovating; the results of which have started to show.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets