09:42 14th May, 2015
XOLO Announces Its Entry-Level Prime Smartphone
Gives the Android One range plenty of competition.
XOLO has unveiled its all new entry-level smartphone called the Prime. The smartphone provides decent hardware considering its price tag, and will compete with a number of new budget smartphones including the YU Yuphoria, that will be available for a slightly higher price tag.
Indeed, it suddenly seems like the attack of the budget droids. But the same can be said about the Windows Phone space since Microsoft recently launched its Lumia 430 and 435 smartphones. So its basically smartphone manufacturers who trying to turn their feature phone customers into smartphone users.
As for the XOLO Prime, it comes with a plastic body with a removable back panel for access to the battery and memory card slot.
The specifications are pretty much the basic stuff, but still seems to offer better value compared to its Android One competitors:
- We get a 4.5 inch 854 x 480 pixels, IPS display
- Inside we get a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor with 1 GB of RAM
- There is 8 GB of internal storage with a Micro SD card slot for expansion
- The camera department consists of a 5 MP primary camera with an LED flash and capable front-facing one for selfies
- Powered by an 1800 mAh battery, the smartphone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box
The XOLO Prime carries a price tag of Rs 5699 and will be available in red, blue, black and gold starting today.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000