17:50 31st Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range
Will in all probability re-brand MediaTek as a premium chipset maker.
MediaTek has announced it all new range of Helio chipsets that the chipmaker says will take on the high-end Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm.
The news comes from Taiwan and states that the new Helio range will come in two choices, the standard X 10 series and the P series, which MediaTek refused to give details about.
The X 10 series of Helio chipsets will be based on the octa-core set up and will feature Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The company also revealed that the 64-bit octa-core SoC can also support display refresh rates of 120 Hz and slow motion video up to 480 fps.
As for the P series of Helio chipsets, MediaTek simply comments that they are "a range of premium performance chips,"
Helio chipsets will show up in smartphones commercially by the Q2 this year itself, which makes us consider the HTC One M9 Plus as the right candidate even more.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000