12:42 20th Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Deliver Cortex-A72-Based Chipsets By Q4
Delivers 3.5 times the performance if paired with the right manufacturing process.
MediaTek seems to be taking big strides indeed when it showed off its MT8173 chipset at the MWC, earlier this year.
Still then, the company seems to be going all out to prove that it is capable of delivering performance chipsets for premium segment smartphones.
Its newest venture is to do with the brand new ARM Cortex A72 cores that the company plans to include in its upcoming MT679X chipset.
While this may not sound like much, MediaTek plans to up its manufacturing process as well, bringing it up to speed with competitors from Qualcomm and Samsung with the 20 nm or 16 nm process.
This, along with the smaller Cortex-A53 one (using the big.LITTLE architecture) will enable the smartphone to deliver a stunning 3.5x faster performance than a 28nm A15 and 1.9x faster than a 20nm A57. Which is quite a sizeable improvement.
Seems like MediaTek is building its arsenal to combat Qualcomm’s best. And we may actually get to see some premium smartphones getting launched with MediaTek silicon inside by Q1 2016 after all.
Still then we are pretty sure that Qualcomm will catch up with MediaTek, since 2016 is far away.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-