12:42 20th Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Deliver Cortex-A72-Based Chipsets By Q4
Delivers 3.5 times the performance if paired with the right manufacturing process.
MediaTek seems to be taking big strides indeed when it showed off its MT8173 chipset at the MWC, earlier this year.
Still then, the company seems to be going all out to prove that it is capable of delivering performance chipsets for premium segment smartphones.
Its newest venture is to do with the brand new ARM Cortex A72 cores that the company plans to include in its upcoming MT679X chipset.
While this may not sound like much, MediaTek plans to up its manufacturing process as well, bringing it up to speed with competitors from Qualcomm and Samsung with the 20 nm or 16 nm process.
This, along with the smaller Cortex-A53 one (using the big.LITTLE architecture) will enable the smartphone to deliver a stunning 3.5x faster performance than a 28nm A15 and 1.9x faster than a 20nm A57. Which is quite a sizeable improvement.
Seems like MediaTek is building its arsenal to combat Qualcomm’s best. And we may actually get to see some premium smartphones getting launched with MediaTek silicon inside by Q1 2016 after all.
Still then we are pretty sure that Qualcomm will catch up with MediaTek, since 2016 is far away.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband