20:13 13th Sep, 2012
Download: They came from Verminest (Windows)
A 1950s Sci-Fi arcade game in 3D.
Remember the game Galaga that you played so often before the advent of powerful gaming consoles? That was quite addictive, and Locomalito has attempted to recreate the same magic with its new game Verminest — this time in 3D. The title features an army of insects from the planet Verminest that is spreading fast through space. Your task is to defend your planet and fight them off until you reach the nest of Queen Verminia and destroy her.
The game has been inspired by several movies from the 1950s, such as Them!, The Deadly Mantis, Black Scorpion, Tarantul, and Godzilla. The player gets rewarded with medals for special maneuvers; killing enemies in close range, or killing leaders to scare off their minions. You also get a bonus for every 10 medals that you earn. The game sports a greyscale colour palette with MIDI music and sound effects to recreate the feel of a bygone era. 3D is achieved by the old-school anaglyph method, so make sure you get your red-blue glasses or make one for yourself.
Size: 20 MB
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets