20:13 13th Sep, 2012
Download: They came from Verminest (Windows)
A 1950s Sci-Fi arcade game in 3D.
Remember the game Galaga that you played so often before the advent of powerful gaming consoles? That was quite addictive, and Locomalito has attempted to recreate the same magic with its new game Verminest — this time in 3D. The title features an army of insects from the planet Verminest that is spreading fast through space. Your task is to defend your planet and fight them off until you reach the nest of Queen Verminia and destroy her.
The game has been inspired by several movies from the 1950s, such as Them!, The Deadly Mantis, Black Scorpion, Tarantul, and Godzilla. The player gets rewarded with medals for special maneuvers; killing enemies in close range, or killing leaders to scare off their minions. You also get a bonus for every 10 medals that you earn. The game sports a greyscale colour palette with MIDI music and sound effects to recreate the feel of a bygone era. 3D is achieved by the old-school anaglyph method, so make sure you get your red-blue glasses or make one for yourself.
Size: 20 MB
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones