12:42 20th Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Deliver Cortex-A72-Based Chipsets By Q4
Delivers 3.5 times the performance if paired with the right manufacturing process.
MediaTek seems to be taking big strides indeed when it showed off its MT8173 chipset at the MWC, earlier this year.
Still then, the company seems to be going all out to prove that it is capable of delivering performance chipsets for premium segment smartphones.
Its newest venture is to do with the brand new ARM Cortex A72 cores that the company plans to include in its upcoming MT679X chipset.
While this may not sound like much, MediaTek plans to up its manufacturing process as well, bringing it up to speed with competitors from Qualcomm and Samsung with the 20 nm or 16 nm process.
This, along with the smaller Cortex-A53 one (using the big.LITTLE architecture) will enable the smartphone to deliver a stunning 3.5x faster performance than a 28nm A15 and 1.9x faster than a 20nm A57. Which is quite a sizeable improvement.
Seems like MediaTek is building its arsenal to combat Qualcomm’s best. And we may actually get to see some premium smartphones getting launched with MediaTek silicon inside by Q1 2016 after all.
Still then we are pretty sure that Qualcomm will catch up with MediaTek, since 2016 is far away.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000