12:54 10th Mar, 2015
iOS 8.2 Smashes Plenty Of Bugs; Adds Apple Watch
While the update fixes a lot of bugs, the performance bump is still not visible.
Apple iOS device owners are clearly rejoicing with today’s new iOS 8.2 update, that fixes a lot of things and adds a couple of features.
The update began seeding out early morning and although we are happy to see Apple active about fixing things with iOS 8, the stability and performance improvements on higher resolution devices are barely noticeable.
What’s new is indeed the Apple Watch app that currently does nothing apart from giving you access to the App Store and the Apple Watch section on the website. This is because Apple Watch will arrive in the US on the 24th of April.
Apart from that Health App gets a couple of improvements as well. This includes options for measurement units and a visual data representation of workout sessions from other apps.
The Mail, Maps and Music apps are also said to have received stability improvements.
While iPhone 5, 5s, 6 owners are pretty happy, the stability improvements are barely visible on the iPhone 6 Plus. Thanks to the higher resolution display and low RAM, the album art view in the music app still stutters while scrolling. On the positive side, the Camera app no longer crashes when using AssistiveTouch; so yes, Apple has been listening to its customers.
Hopefully Apple has worked on battery life improvements as well because that was the one big complaint that came with the earlier iOS 8.1.3 update.
The update is 565 MB large if you have not received the notification yet, you can check for the same by heading to Settings> General> Software Updates.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets