14:03 13th Jan, 2015
XOLO To Roll Out Android Lollipop Update For The One By Jan 16
Everyone wants Android Lollipop on their smartphones, but nobody’s getting any.
XOLO seems to have defeated Google itself when it comes to delivering the Android Lollipop update for its smartphone. The smartphone that we are talking about is the Android One-like offering called the XOLO One. XOLO seems to have sold a ton of these smartphone and unlike Google who had promised to deliver updates on time has actually delivered the same for its One entry-level smartphone.
The Android Lollipop update will be rolled out to XOLO One smartphone starting from the 16th of January this year. Sunil Raina, business head at XOLO, states that the company has its own in house developer team that works on building firmwares for the devices it sells. This is how they managed to deliver the update pretty quickly.
The Lollipop 5.0 update goes a long way to show that XOLO does indeed care about its low-end segment as well. More importantly, if the XOLO One gets an update, the rest of its line up can expect a similar treatment.
The XOLO One was a bare-bones Android-powered smartphone launched to compete with Google’s Android One smartphone range. The update according to Raina will help XOLO sell more of these smartphones since very few smartphones in the Indian market have got the Android 5.0 Lollipop update as of now.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000