12:35 30th Dec, 2014
MX Player For Android Gets A Material Design Makeover
New update brings themes and a couple of bug fixes.
MX Player is by far one of the oldest and best third party video apps out there on the Google Play Store. While the app certainly won’t win any awards for design, it was a still a practical, free offering that was capable of playing multiple video formats for smartphones and tablets. Well today, the developer finally released a big update and yes, it does address the design aspect of the video player.
We get the fresh new Material Design theme, that makes everything look spartan and simple. White backgrounds are everywhere and you also have themes to fiddle with that will allow you to change the header colour of the app. There is quite a choice of colours and we also have styling support for the Playback screen.
Clearly the objective of the update was to deliver an app that now fits well into your Android 5.0 Lollipop running smartphone. For now, it is only the app icon that remains unchanged. While the app is not a shining example of Material Design, we are pretty sure that things will change with future updates and we get to see more Material Design elements make their way into the app.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000