15:28 14th Nov, 2014
Sony Releases AOSP Source Code For Xperia Z1, Z2, And Z3 Series
Custom ROM developers can now tweak and build their own custom ROMs or incorporate the source into their existing frameworks.
After promising to release the AOSP source code for ages, Sony has finally delivered. The Japanese electronics giant finally decided to deliver the goods today and fans of Sony who have always wanted to run a stock AOSP experience (Nexus like software) can now download the same and begin tweaking.
This is indeed good news for fans of Xperia smartphones who can now provide the same to their favourite ROM developer and get a custom ROM optimised for their device. What this means is that you will now see the Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z1 series of devices being added by developers of custom ROMs giving more options and support for those looking for a custom ROM experience.
Sony has indeed been a bit open in way that is similar to OPPO. It is indeed a great way to offer and support the stock ROM experience that many users of such devices prefer. Making things official simply shows that Sony is indeed working hard to offer the Sony experience along with the stock Google Android experience to its customers. Oh! How we wish that Samsung felt the same way.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000