17:53 13th Aug, 2014
HTC Butterfly 2 Leaks Out; A J Butterfly For The Asian Market
Brings all the waterproof goodness and refreshed design to the Asian market.
We simply loved HTC’s J Butterfly when it was announced for Japanese operator KDDI. The handset was basically an HTC One M8 with a 13 MP camera and a IP57 waterproof body that came in package that looked a lot better than the HTC One E8’s cheap plastic body. Well, leaker @upleaks now reveals that the same handset will now be heading to Asian markets under another name -- the Butterfly 2.
The Butterfly 2 (HTL23) handset is clearly identical from what we can see from the leaks and definitely looks and will feel better thanks the refreshed design. The BoomSound speakers look minimal and give the handset a unique look compared to the HTC One E8, which seems to be a mix of the One M8 and last year’s M7.
Design aside, we get the same hardware as on the One E8 with the addition of the IP57 water and dust resistance rating:
- A 5 inch 1920 X 1080 pixel display
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Android KitKat 4.4 with the Sense 6.0 UI
- 13 MP primary snapper with a 2 MP front-facing and a 2 MP Duo Camera to assist with the U Focus imaging
- Patented HTC tech like BoomSound, JBL LiveStage audio and support for the HTC DoubleDip case as well
The handset according to the leaker will be unveiled in Japan on the 19th of August and will reach the rest of the markets by the end of August or the beginning of September.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets