12:47 31st Jul, 2014
HTC Announces Waterproof J Butterfly Handset In Japan
With a waterproof construction, the HTC J Butterfly adds some much-needed extras to the HTC One M8’s innards.
HTC has announced the J Butterfly smartphone on Japanese carrier KDDI. The handset resembles the HTC One M8, but looks a bit different thanks to the materials used for its construction. The handset is basically what HTC One M8 should have been with a 13 MP camera. It also features a ‘Duo Effect” camera that should replicate the imaging quality of the 4 MP Ultrapixel Duo Camera in a much better way.
The handset comes in red, blue and white and seems to come with a rubberised soft touch feel which is partly due to the fact that it is waterproof. Indeed this is a welcomed addition since the One M8 (even though tested) is clearly not built for that. Also added as mentioned earlier, is a simpler 13 MP camera sensor along with the second accompanying lens for assisting with the 3D effect. The 13 MP camera sensor will obviously do a better job compared to the puny 4 MP “Ultrapixel” one found on the One M8.
As for the rest of the specs, it is indeed a HTC One M8, with a Snapdragon 801 chipset, 2 GB of RAM complete with Android KitKat 4.4. There is no word on availability of the HTC J Butterfly outside Japan just yet.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000