23:00 25th Jun, 2012
Anonymous Taps FBI-Scotland Yard Phone Call
Leaked recording leaves officers red-faced as it catches them wasting time.
Anonymous is back in the limelight again, this time for hacking into and releasing the recording of a conference call between the FBI and Scotland Yard. Officials from these two of the most reputed law enforcement agencies of the world have been left red-faced with the nearly 17-minute conversation in which they speak little about any real work during the first six minutes.
According to the conversation, the folks at the FBI and Scotland Yard were heard discussing, among other things, plans to track Anonymous, AntiSec, and LulzSec. Dates of planned arrests and details of evidence held by the police were also discussed. The conversation was supposedly recorded some time in January this year, and it is not clear how the hacker group got hold of it. Released on YouTube, the transcript can be accessed at http://pastebin.com/8G4jLha8, while an MP3 of the same can be downloaded from http://mir.cr/1SL3XXIR. The user names have been retained, but the real names of people being investigated seem to have been bleeped out.
An email allegedly from the FBI, detailing information about accessing the call and the email addresses of the participants was also published by Anonymous.
The FBI is yet to comment, while the Scotland Yard is said to be preparing a statement.
Here is the full conversation for your listening pleasure.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (January, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000