08:05 20th Nov, 2013
DataWind Ties Up With CK-12 For Free Maths And Science Content In India
Datawind Ubislate + CK-12 = Affordable Education
You all have heard of DataWind, known popularly as makers of ‘Aakash’ tablet, inspired by Google’s Education initiative have partnered up with American education provider “CK-12 Foundation” for free mathematics and science learning content in India.
DataWind’s CEO - Suneet Singh Tuli said, “Our aim is to enable and equip every student in India with implements of learning that spawn interest in higher academic achievement”. This he says cannot be achieved through hardware itself and that’s where the partnership comes in.
What is CK12?
CK-12 Foundation is a California-based non-profit organization striving to reduce the cost of, and increase access to, K-12 education in the United States and worldwide. “Access to high quality education for primary and secondary schools shouldn’t be limited. At CK-12 we provide the content that can be accessed anytime, anywhere to improve learning”, says Neeru Khosla, Executive Director of CK-12 Foundation.
- Datawind devices are affordable
- Partnering achieves CK-12’s mission
- Digital content is always up-to-date unlike traditional printed material
- The content is account specific and therefore can be used in schools and independently by parents
- CK-12 has 6 years of experience by pioneering creation, curation, and delivery of open educational content in US
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000