19:45 11th Jul, 2013
Nokia Rolls Out Software Upgrade For Asha Phones, Brings WhatsApp Support
Updates available for handsets including Asha 308, 310, and 311.
Nokia's Asha range of feature phones will soon offer user a better mobile internet experience, thanks to new software upgrades. The handsets eligible for the update include the Asha 308, Asha 311, and Asha 310. Out of the updates that Nokia has announced, the predominant news is WhatsApp compatibility for Asha 308 and Asha 310 dual-SIM variants along with a standalone YouTube launcher.
Along with these features, the latest upgrade is also said to bring improved Mail for Exchange support and the eBuddy chat app (for Asha 308). Users of Asha 305 and Asha 306 will also get a standalone WhatsApp launcher.
The new update is available for free, and is now seeding as an Over-The-Air (OTA) update. For more details, check out the official Nokia support page. For those not in the know, the Finnish manufacturer latest addition to the Asha series, the Asha 501, is available in India, for Rs 5200.
- TV Buying Guide: Things To Consider When Purchasing A New TV
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (March, 2015)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (February, 2015)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000