Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:15 28th Jun, 2013
Videocon Unveils A55HD With 5" Screen For Rs 13,500
Android 4.2-based handset features a quad-core processor, 8 megapixel camera, and dual-SIM functionality.
Videocon, known for its televisions is now using its "Bada hai toh behtar hai" ideology in the smartphone segment. The company has launched a 5" Android device — A55HD. The display is said to be OGS (One Glass Solution), which has been seen on the recently reviewed LAVA 504Q. Like most budget quad-core phones, the A55HD is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor (probably based on Mediatek MT6589 SOC). It packs in 1 GB of RAM, which should be enough to handle most apps in Android 4.2.1 (Jelly Bean). For photography there's an 8 megapixel auto-focus camera. Other features include dual-SIM functionality, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, A-GPS, and 2000 mAh battery.
Apart from Google Play Store, the Videocon A55HD comes with the company's own V-Store, which is likely to be the curated version of the former. The phone is priced at Rs 13,500, which pits it against the popular Micromax 116 Canvas HD and the recently reviewed LAVA Iris 504Q.
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), Google Play Store.
- Dual-SIM (GSM + GSM).
- 5" screen with 1280x720 pixels, OGS (One Glass Solution).
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor, 1 GB RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot.
- 8 megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 3.2 megapixel front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- 2000 mAh battery.
- The Best Smartphones Under Rs.20,000
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets