Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
19:40 18th Jun, 2013
HTC Unveils Desire 200 With A Compact 3.5" Screen
The Android handset features a 1 GHz CPU and 5 megapixel camera.
HTC has announced its latest budget smartphone, the Desire 200. According to the press release, the phone runs Android OS with Sense UI on top of it. However, it hasn't disclosed the exact version of the software. The phone sports a 3.5" with pixel dimensions of 320x480. It's powered by a 1 GHz Snapdragon S1 processor, and has 512 MB of RAM. Other features include a 5 megapixel camera, 4 GB of internal storage, microSD card slot, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS, and 1230 mAh battery. The phone also comes with Beats Audio headset, backed by software enhancements. The detailed specs are as follows:
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 pocessor.
- 512 MB of RAM.
- 4 GB internal storage, MicroSD card slot.
- 4.5" screen with 320x480 pixels.
- 5 megapixel fixed-focus camera.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, A-GPS.
- 1230 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Accelerometer, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor.
- 107.7 (l) x 60.8 (w) x 11.9 (d) mm; weighs 100 grammes.
According to HTC Taiwan, the Desire 200 will be priced around 5000 Taiwanese Dollars (approx Rs 10,000). If HTC releases it at this price point India, then the phone will directly compete with the Nokia Lumia 520. While both the smartphones lack a front-facing camera, the 520 gets an edge with its 4" IPS screen and dual-core processor.
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (October, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 20,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones Under Rs 30,000 (December, 2014)
- Top Smartphones For Business Users
- Five Affordable Portable Media Players For Music Lovers
- Top Quad-Core Phones Under Rs 10,000 (August, 2014)
- Top Tablet Recommendations Under Rs 10,000