16:33 23rd Jan, 2013
Huawei Ascend G600 With Android 4.0 And 4.5" IPS Screen Announced At Rs 15,000
ICS-based smartphone sports a dual-core CPU, 8 MP camera, Dolby DTS sound, and 1930 mAh battery.
Huawei has announced the Ascend G600 running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). The 3G smartphone sports a 5-point capacitive 4.5" IPS screen with qHD pixel dimensions of 960x540 protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. Being an IPS panel, you can expect wide viewing angles without noticeable colour distortion.
A dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU with 768 MB of RAM takes care of processing tasks. Internal storage is not clearly mentioned, but there is provision to put in up to 32 GB microSD card. An 8 MP camera with autofocus is also present and it has BSI to help take better photos in insufficient lighting. The Li-ion battery has a capacity of 1930 mAh, which should provide sufficient juice for it to last from dawn to dusk at the least. Here are the specifications of the G600:
- Android 4.0.
- 2G GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz), 3G (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz).
- 4.5" IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 960x540.
- Dual-core 1.2 GHz CPU, 768 MB RAM.
- 4 GB ROM, microSD card slot for expansion up to 32 GB.
- 8 Megapixel autofocus camera with BSI and dual-LED flash, records video at 480p@30 fps.
- 0.3 megapixel front camera for video chatting.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, Micro USB 2.0.
- GPS (with A-GPS), Compass, Proximity sensor, FM Radio.
- 1930 mAh Li-ion battery.
- 5.3" (l) x 2.65" (w) x 0.4" (10.5 mm) (d).
While it is highly unlikely, we have our doubts about Google Play support for this handset because the product page advertises about the inbuilt apps and games, but makes no mention about the possibility of downloading and installing new ones. It is also mentioned that the handset features two speakers with Dolby DTS certification.
The Huawei Ascend G600 is available for pre-order at a price of Rs 15,000 and is expected to be launched on 25th January, 2013. At its current price, this seems to be a decent buy for a mid-range Android phone, but it would have been better if Huawei would have promised a Jelly Bean update, which it does not. Currently, this phone has only a few 4.5" competitors with similar features, such as the recently launched Salora PowerMaxx Z1 and the Byond B63. Both are dual-SIM smartphones, and the Byond B63 comes with Jelly Bean. Since Huawei is a better known brand, consumers can be expected to have more confidence in its handsets. Also, we think that the 768 MB of RAM will help make things smoother than the 512 MB offered by the other two phones.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000