11:11 16th Jan, 2013
ZTE To Launch Smartphone Running Firefox OS This Year
Will team up with Mozilla to launch in a handset in Europe first.
ZTE also hinted that should there be user demand, they would also bring the phone in the United States in the future. The move is aimed to reduce ZTE's reliance on Google's Android operating system, which enjoy 75% market share, according to an IDC report. Another report by Strategy Analytics says that Mozilla's Firefox OS could have 1% market share by the end of 2013.
In addition to ZTE, another Chinese maker TCL is also readying a Firefox OS phone. Details about both the phones are bleak at the moment.
Mozilla has been eyeing a slice of in the mobile OS pie for quite some time now. We posted some screenshots last year, which showed off how the interface could look and function. Looks like the mobile OS wars could heat up in 2013.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000