12:51 22nd Dec, 2012
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year
Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's 125th birthday is observed as National Mathematics Day in the country.
Not very many people warm up to mathematics, and that 22nd December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India (and State IT Day in Tamil Nadu) is not a well-known fact. The day happens to be Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's birthday. Today being his 125th birth anniversary, the year is being observed as the National Mathematical Year.
Ramanujan, mastered maths and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own by the age of 13. By the age 16, he dropped out of college to pursue independent research in mathematics. He was graced with a B.A. degree by research (which is now known as PhD) in March 1916 by the Trinity College, Cambridge for his work on highly composite numbers, part one of which was published as a paper in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 1918, he earned Fellowship at Trinity College, Cambridge: a first by any Indian.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000