12:51 22nd Dec, 2012
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year
Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's 125th birthday is observed as National Mathematics Day in the country.
Not very many people warm up to mathematics, and that 22nd December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India (and State IT Day in Tamil Nadu) is not a well-known fact. The day happens to be Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's birthday. Today being his 125th birth anniversary, the year is being observed as the National Mathematical Year.
Ramanujan, mastered maths and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own by the age of 13. By the age 16, he dropped out of college to pursue independent research in mathematics. He was graced with a B.A. degree by research (which is now known as PhD) in March 1916 by the Trinity College, Cambridge for his work on highly composite numbers, part one of which was published as a paper in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 1918, he earned Fellowship at Trinity College, Cambridge: a first by any Indian.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow