12:51 22nd Dec, 2012
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year
Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's 125th birthday is observed as National Mathematics Day in the country.
Not very many people warm up to mathematics, and that 22nd December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India (and State IT Day in Tamil Nadu) is not a well-known fact. The day happens to be Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's birthday. Today being his 125th birth anniversary, the year is being observed as the National Mathematical Year.
Ramanujan, mastered maths and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own by the age of 13. By the age 16, he dropped out of college to pursue independent research in mathematics. He was graced with a B.A. degree by research (which is now known as PhD) in March 1916 by the Trinity College, Cambridge for his work on highly composite numbers, part one of which was published as a paper in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 1918, he earned Fellowship at Trinity College, Cambridge: a first by any Indian.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance