12:51 22nd Dec, 2012
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year | TechTree.com
Google's Doodle Celebrates The National Mathematical Year
Indian Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's 125th birthday is observed as National Mathematics Day in the country.
Not very many people warm up to mathematics, and that 22nd December is celebrated as National Mathematics Day in India (and State IT Day in Tamil Nadu) is not a well-known fact. The day happens to be Mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan's birthday. Today being his 125th birth anniversary, the year is being observed as the National Mathematical Year.
Ramanujan, mastered maths and discovered sophisticated theorems on his own by the age of 13. By the age 16, he dropped out of college to pursue independent research in mathematics. He was graced with a B.A. degree by research (which is now known as PhD) in March 1916 by the Trinity College, Cambridge for his work on highly composite numbers, part one of which was published as a paper in the Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society. In 1918, he earned Fellowship at Trinity College, Cambridge: a first by any Indian.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals