Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
18:35 22nd Oct, 2012
Rumour: Sony Working On Xperia "Phablet" With 5" Screen
Could feature a quad-core Snapdragon S4 chipset and 1080p screen; expected to go official at CES 2013.
Samsung started the "phablet" revolution with its GALAXY Note. Soon enough, another Korean manufacturer, LG, embraced this new form factor. Whether these gadgets are comfortable to use as cellphones is a matter of debate, but they do have takers. Just last week, HTC joined the party with its J Butterfly in Japan. Sony is now testing these waters, apparently: According to a Japanese website, they are already testing a 5" prototype device. They've also provided a picture as evidence, which looks convincing to me. Going by the image, the handset has a sleek metallic body and a very thin display bezel. The Japanese source claims the phone is codenamed Odin (C650X), and that it has specs as so:
- 5" Full-HD screen, 1080x1920 pixels.
- Quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset.
- 2 GB of RAM.
If that's for real, it's definitely going to be a killer combination of outstanding screen and powerful CPU. More importantly, the design is far superior to what most Android manufacturers have on offer.
The only major event coming up in the next few months is the CES 2013 in January, which is when we can expect this gadget to go official.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000