Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:57 02nd Nov, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note Launched For Rs 35,000 | TechTree.com
Samsung Galaxy Note Launched For Rs 35,000
Bigger than a smartphone; smaller than a tablet.
Samsung has launched the rather oversized 5.3" Galaxy Note in India. Reportedly developed on inputs derived from consumer survey, the device is a halfway between a smartphone and tablet.
The Note is powered by Samsung's own Exynos chipset sporting a dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU coupled with a Mali-400MP GPU. The main highlight of this device is a 5.3" Super AMOLED screen crammed with 1280x800 pixels. Other specs include an 8 MP camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, 3.5 mm jack, 32 GB MicroSD card support, and a 2500 mAh battery.
I managed to get my hands on the device, and boy is it huge! Although a larger screen equals more eye-candy, it doesn't fit well in the hand, while single-handed use is out of question. The Smart Pen (Stylus) enhances usability with handwriting recognition; not to mention the added ability to scribble designs. The 8 MP camera is capable of 1080p video recording. However, I can't comment on video quality due to poor lighting at the event. Although the gadget runs Gingerbread, I wish it had Andoird 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung hasn't given any tentative date for the Android 4.0 update. However, development is said to be "in the pipeline".
The Galaxy Note has been officially launched, but it will take few weeks more to hit the retail outlets. The expected price is Rs.35,000. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be the next Dell Streak.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India