Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:57 02nd Nov, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note Launched For Rs 35,000
Bigger than a smartphone; smaller than a tablet.
Samsung has launched the rather oversized 5.3" Galaxy Note in India. Reportedly developed on inputs derived from consumer survey, the device is a halfway between a smartphone and tablet.
The Note is powered by Samsung's own Exynos chipset sporting a dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU coupled with a Mali-400MP GPU. The main highlight of this device is a 5.3" Super AMOLED screen crammed with 1280x800 pixels. Other specs include an 8 MP camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, 3.5 mm jack, 32 GB MicroSD card support, and a 2500 mAh battery.
I managed to get my hands on the device, and boy is it huge! Although a larger screen equals more eye-candy, it doesn't fit well in the hand, while single-handed use is out of question. The Smart Pen (Stylus) enhances usability with handwriting recognition; not to mention the added ability to scribble designs. The 8 MP camera is capable of 1080p video recording. However, I can't comment on video quality due to poor lighting at the event. Although the gadget runs Gingerbread, I wish it had Andoird 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung hasn't given any tentative date for the Android 4.0 update. However, development is said to be "in the pipeline".
The Galaxy Note has been officially launched, but it will take few weeks more to hit the retail outlets. The expected price is Rs.35,000. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be the next Dell Streak.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-