Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:57 02nd Nov, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note Launched For Rs 35,000
Bigger than a smartphone; smaller than a tablet.
Samsung has launched the rather oversized 5.3" Galaxy Note in India. Reportedly developed on inputs derived from consumer survey, the device is a halfway between a smartphone and tablet.
The Note is powered by Samsung's own Exynos chipset sporting a dual-core 1.4 GHz CPU coupled with a Mali-400MP GPU. The main highlight of this device is a 5.3" Super AMOLED screen crammed with 1280x800 pixels. Other specs include an 8 MP camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, GPS, 3.5 mm jack, 32 GB MicroSD card support, and a 2500 mAh battery.
I managed to get my hands on the device, and boy is it huge! Although a larger screen equals more eye-candy, it doesn't fit well in the hand, while single-handed use is out of question. The Smart Pen (Stylus) enhances usability with handwriting recognition; not to mention the added ability to scribble designs. The 8 MP camera is capable of 1080p video recording. However, I can't comment on video quality due to poor lighting at the event. Although the gadget runs Gingerbread, I wish it had Andoird 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Samsung hasn't given any tentative date for the Android 4.0 update. However, development is said to be "in the pipeline".
The Galaxy Note has been officially launched, but it will take few weeks more to hit the retail outlets. The expected price is Rs.35,000. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to be the next Dell Streak.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband