Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
17:12 25th Sep, 2012
Nokia Announces Dual-SIM Asha 308 With 3" Display
Series 40 handset comes with a capacitive touch screen, 2 mp camera, and hot-swappable SIM slot; expected to launch wolrldwide later this year for $100.
Nokia has added another handset to its Series 40 based Asha lineup — the Asha 308, which comes with dual-SIM (GSM) functionality. This feature phone sports a 3" capacitive multi-touch screen protected by scratch-resistant glass. Apart from that, you get a 2 mp camera and Bluetooth 3.0. More importantly, the phone has a hot-swappable secondary SIM card slot. Here is the detailed list of features:
- 3" capacitive multi-touch screen with 240x400 pixels, 65k colours.
- Dual-SIM, dual-band GSM (900, 1800 MHz), Supports EDGE.
- 2 mp fixed-focus camera with viedo records 176x134, 10 fps, No flash.
- Aperture: 2.8; Focal Lenth: 3.6 mm; Camera Features: Landscape orientation, Exposure compensation, Auto and manual white balance, Still image editor, Full screen viewfinder, Self timer, Centre-weighted auto exposure.
- 3.5 mm jack with TV-Out, Micro-USB 2.0, Bluetooth 3.0.
- 128 MB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- Supported Multimedia Formats: MP3, MF, ASF, WAV, AAC, AMR, AWB, M4V, M4A, AVI, NRT, WMA, 3GP, 3G2, MIDI, WMVAMR-NB, Mobile XMF, eAAC+.
- 1110 mAh battery with 6 hours of talk time and 510 hours standby, 40 hours of music.
- Series 40 platform.
- 4.3" (l) x 2.1" (w) x 0.5" (13 mm) (h), 104 grammes.
- Package Contents: Nokia charger AC-11, Nokia battery BL-4U, Nokia stereo headset WH-102.
The phone comes with the Nokia Xpress browser and Maps. Additionally, the Asha 308 offers 40 free-to-download EA games including Tetris, FIFA 2012, and Need for Speed The Run. Although Nokia hasn't given a specific launch date, the handset is expected to hit the global market later this year. It will be available in black and Golden White, with a expected price tag of $100 (approx Rs 5,400).
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000