06th Sep, 2012
Samsung GALAXY Y DUOS Lite Android 2.3-Based Dual-SIM Phone Launched For Rs 7000
A slim GSM handset with a 2.8" screen and 2 mp rear camera, dubbed "Mera Pehla Smartphone" by Samsung.
Samsung has added to its dual-SIM GSM phone portfolio by launching the new budget-ranged GALAXY Y DUOS Lite, which (unsurprisingly) runs the dated Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) due to the less powerful hardware. It's good that both SIMs are in the active state, which means you won't miss calls. This is a compact phone; the 2.8" QVGA touchscreen is tiny by today's standards. Internal storage is 4 GB; you can plug in a microSD card of up to 32 GB. The phone is powered by a rather modest 832 MHz CPU. Connectivity is via Wi-Fi and 3G. Here are the full product specifications:
- Dual-SIM dual-active GSM (850 \ 900 \ 1800 \ 1900 MHz), dual band 3G (900 \ 2100 MHz).
- 2.8" screen with pixel dimensions of 240x320.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
- 2 megapixel front camera.
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b\g\n.
- 4 GB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 1200 mAh Li-ion battery.
- Supported audio formats: AAC,AAC+,AAC++,AAC+e,AMR,AMR-NB,eAAC+,Enhanced AAC+,I-Melody,MIDI,MP3,OGG.
- Supported video formats: 3GP,AAC,AAC+,AAC+V2,AMR,AMR-NB,eAAC+,H.263,H.264,MPEG4.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM Radio with recording.
As an Android phone, it gives you access to Google Play, allowing you to install a wide variety of apps and games. Samsung, in partnership with Reliance, is offering 1 GB of 3G data or Unlimited 2G data free per month for six months for all customers (but take the word "unlimited" with a pinch of salt!) The Samsung GALAXY Y DUOS Lite is priced at Rs 7,000, and is only available in white. The company is dubbing it as "Mera Pehla Smartphone" in an attempt to portray it as being within reach of just about anyone and at its current pricing, that may indeed be true. For more product shots, scroll down and check out the gallery.