20:57 18th Sep, 2012
IFA 2012: Samsung ATIV S Beats Nokia To It
Launches first Windows 8 phone.
It was an expected announcement at IFA 2012. On 29th August, Samsung revealed its version of a smartphone running Windows Phone 8. The phone is branded ATIV — a name we've known about for some time. The ATIV lineup also includes the ATIV Smart PC, a 10.1" tablet, and a 4.8" display, among others.
Nokia's version of a Windows 8 phone isn't too far away, and we'll have to see whether getting there first will make a difference. Also, the ATIV smartphone has been rather well-received by those who've had a look. Check out WindowsTeamBlog.com. We'd been speculating about what "ATIV " means; apparently, it's "Vita" — meaning "life" — spelt backwards. Combine that with the fact that "ATIV" doesn’t sound as nice as "GALAXY", and you have a rather silly name. But the phone's great, so it probably doesn't matter.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000