20:55 13th Aug, 2012
Rumour: Samsung GALAXY Note 2 Will Have 5.5" Flexible Display
This basically means that it will have better flexibility than a regular glass screen.
A report in Korea IT Times has stated that the next Samsung GALAXY Note, or the Note 2 (as it is popularly known) will feature a flexible screen. Hold on to your horses though, as this does not mean you can bend the display literally. Rather, it will be made out of flexible material that can withstand more stress than the glass screens on current devices. Thus, this screen is less likely to crack in case you accidentally drop your smartphone. The report further mentions that the Note 2 will come with a 5.5" Super AMOLED display made of unbreakable plane (UBP) and plastic substrate that reduces the screen's thickness by 0.4 mm, thereby increasing the device's battery life by reduced power consumption.
Unconfirmed specifications on GSMArena.com mention that the GALAXY Note 2 is a large-sized quad-band GSM smartphone, powered by a quad-core Exynos 5250 CPU with 1.5 GB of RAM. It will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Samsung's TouchWiz UI on top of it, and will be available with internal storage options of 16 GB and 32 GB that can be expanded to an additional 32 GB via microSD card. A 13 mp autofocus camera with LED flash and 1080p capture will be present, in addition to a front camera for video chat. The gadget which has been dubbed as a phablet (something between a smartphone and tablet because of its screen size), will launch on 29th August, so we'll have to wait for just a little over two weeks to find out what lies in store.
A mock-up showing how the GALAXY Note 2 is expected to appear.
- Five Apps Every Doctor Must Have
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 15,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000 (April 2016)
- Top 5 Smartphones Under Rs 20,000
- Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations
- Top 5 Chromebooks Available In India
- Five Best Compact Cameras Under Rs 10,000
- 5 Best Free Photo Editing Apps On Android
- TV Recommendations Under Rs 40,000