20:55 13th Aug, 2012
Rumour: Samsung GALAXY Note 2 Will Have 5.5" Flexible Display
This basically means that it will have better flexibility than a regular glass screen.
A report in Korea IT Times has stated that the next Samsung GALAXY Note, or the Note 2 (as it is popularly known) will feature a flexible screen. Hold on to your horses though, as this does not mean you can bend the display literally. Rather, it will be made out of flexible material that can withstand more stress than the glass screens on current devices. Thus, this screen is less likely to crack in case you accidentally drop your smartphone. The report further mentions that the Note 2 will come with a 5.5" Super AMOLED display made of unbreakable plane (UBP) and plastic substrate that reduces the screen's thickness by 0.4 mm, thereby increasing the device's battery life by reduced power consumption.
Unconfirmed specifications on GSMArena.com mention that the GALAXY Note 2 is a large-sized quad-band GSM smartphone, powered by a quad-core Exynos 5250 CPU with 1.5 GB of RAM. It will run Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) with Samsung's TouchWiz UI on top of it, and will be available with internal storage options of 16 GB and 32 GB that can be expanded to an additional 32 GB via microSD card. A 13 mp autofocus camera with LED flash and 1080p capture will be present, in addition to a front camera for video chat. The gadget which has been dubbed as a phablet (something between a smartphone and tablet because of its screen size), will launch on 29th August, so we'll have to wait for just a little over two weeks to find out what lies in store.
A mock-up showing how the GALAXY Note 2 is expected to appear.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (October, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (October, 2016)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (October, 2016)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000