17:32 29th May, 2012
Samsung Breaks Silence On Blue GALAXY S III Delay, Implies Manufacturing Defect
Admits to a 2-3 week supply shortage for the "Pebble Blue" models in order to meet "highest internal quality standards".
Everybody and their uncle wants to get their hands on the Samsung GALAXY S III. However, the "Pebble Blue" version of the Korean electronic giant's flagship Android smartphone had fallen prey to delays. In a statement to UK-based retailer MobileFun.co.uk, the smartphone maker has now officially confirmed that the particular blue version of the phone will face shortages for the "next 2-3 weeks". However, the white version will hit the markets on schedule.
The official stance is that the "newly invented blue colour" will be delayed to "meet the highest internal quality standards and to provide the best quality Galaxy SIII to customers". In reality, Samsung reportedly had to trash hundreds of thousands of blue body shells due to a manufacturing defect. That means, if you want a GALAXY S III sooner, you'll have to go for the Marble White version instead of he Pebble Blue one. Here's Samsung's statement in its entirety:
"Samsung’s Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue version comes with a newly invented blue colour and special hyper-glaze material.
In order to meet the highest internal quality standards and to provide the best quality Galaxy SIII to customers, a short supply of Pebble Blue version is expected in some regions in the next 2-3 weeks.
Samsung is working hard to ensure that customers will get the Pebble Blue coloured devices as soon as possible."
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- Audio Gadgets Under INR 5,000 For This Season
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- Top 5 Budget Smartphones Under Rs 10,000
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- Top Five Smartphones Based On AnTuTu Scores (May 2016)
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000