Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16th Feb 2015
The Windows 10 Windows 10 Technical Preview is now available for download on select Lumia phones inclusing the Lumia 830, 730, and 630. It's a test software, so there are plenty of bugs. However, if you are willing to take a risk in order to have early dibs on the latest software, here's an easy to follow tutorial on how to go on about it:
1. Installing Windows 10 Preview might brick your phone and void warranty. So think about it, and then make a decision.
2. If you think that Windows 10 is worth the risk, head over to insider.windows.com and enroll for the Insider programme.
3. Download Windows Insider app on your eligible Lumia handset (Download Link).
4. Login with the Microsoft account used for enrolling the Insider programme.
5. The app will offer you 'Insider Slow' or 'Inside Fast' update option. Fast means that you'll receive updates as soon as Microsoft rolls out updates. Those who choose Slow will get those updates a few days later. So basically, there's more risk involved in installing Fast updates.
6. Once, it's setup, go to setting and check for updates.
7. Depending on how up-to-date your phone's software is, it will update once or twice before initiating the Windows 10 install.
How To: Install Windows 10 On Your Lumia Smartphone
Easy tutorial to have dibs on the latest software from Microsoft.
- Best Phones Under Rs 10,000 (November, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 20,000 (September, 2018)
- Best Phones Under Rs 30,000 (September, 2018)
- Five Android Apps To Make Your Insta Pop
- 9 Hot Android Smartphones Expected To Hit The Shelves Soon
- 3 Fitness Bands For The Budget Users
- 5 Best Screens From Android Based Smartphones
- The 5 Browser Add-Ons That Everyone Must Have
- Top 5 Pocket Friendly Virtual Reality Headsets
- Top 5 Premium Smartphones Above Rs 30,000