09:55 12th May, 2015
Moto X (1st Gen) To Receive Android 5.1 Lollipop In The Coming Weeks
The ROM is currently being test driven for the US and Latin America markets.
Motorola has made things official by announcing that its Moto X will finally get Android Lollipop 5.1 in the coming weeks. This came as official news as Motorola’s Senior Director of software product management, David Schuster who confirmed that the software is currently being tested and will begin roll out shortly.
Clearly the Moto X (1st generation), the one that kickstarted its flagship series is the one being ignored the most. While Google is gearing up to announce the next version of Android (tagged as Android M), we still have a number of manufacturers from the Android camp, struggling to deliver the previous version.
David Schuster cleared the air with a post from his Google+ account, “I am glad to announce that we are starting TestDrive in both the US and LatAm. If all goes well we should start full deployments in a few weeks,”. The rest of the blame goes on hardware manufacturers who have made it difficult to deliver drivers for the new firmware, leading to the delays we have seen so far.
Sadly, there is no news about the update reaching out to the thousands of handset owners globally just yet; as the current ROM has been built and readied for the US and Latin America markets only.
Apart from the usual Lollipop updates that the refreshed firmware brings, version 5.1 will also crush a few bugs that have been annoying users lately. While this may seem like good news, we are pretty sure the wait is getting frustrating, as the handset was not updated since Android KitKat.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones