10:03 11th May, 2015
BlackBerry Announces Its Business-Friendly Leap Smartphone In India
This is not a budget device.
BlackBerry fans can rejoice as the company has finally announced its Leap smartphone for the Indian market. The business-oriented smartphone was designed for professionals keeping in mind the cost; meaning that BlackBerry is looking at building its customer base by delivering a high-end package with mid-range pricing.
Clearly, the BlackBerry Leap is not about the specifications, its about the Blackberry experience that comes with unparalleled security, quality construction and the best in class email.
Coming to the looks, the device appears purpose built for business and consists of a flat glass front along a dimpled textured back with the shiny BlackBerry logo.
BlackBerry India MD, Sunil Lalvani made things pretty clear while introducing the company’s newest product, "The device will be an entry phone for these professionals who can then further subscribe to BlackBerry's other services,".
So in short, this is not the ultimate in BlackBerry tech, but an introduction to the same.
One look at the hardware and its not a let down either considering that this is BlackBerry OS 10.3 running on it (not RAM-hungry Android):
- We get a sharp 5 inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) display
- Inside, there is dated 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Plus with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage (expandable)
- As for the cameras we are treated to a 8 MP AF unit with an LED flash on the back, while the front-facing one is a 2 MP FF unit
- Connectivity options include LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz and Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE) and EDR
- All of the above is powered by a 2800 mAh battery that should last pretty long considering this is BB OS 10
The BlackBerry Leap was announced at MWC 2015 this year and will be available in the black colour only. BlackBerry has not let out any details regarding the pricing, but we can safely say its will touch the Rs 20 - 25,000 range. The Leap is expected to be available in stores and online for purchase this week.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499