Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:14 03rd Mar, 2015
BlackBerry Leap Goes Official At The MWC 2015
The budget handset features a 5-inch screen and 4G LTE support.
BlackBery might be struggling to capture the lost ground, but the Canadian brand refuses to give in. Full marks for the determination. Building on the mild success of the budget Z3, the company has unveiled BlackBerry Leap at the MWC.
The phone features a 5-inch HD display. The innards are almost similar to that of the BlackBerry Z3. It is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset clocked 1.5 GHz. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. You can add another 128 GB of storage via microSD card slot.
Cameras has never been a priority for Blackberry. However, it is keeping up with other budget smartphones with an 8 megapixel snapper. There's also a 2 megapixel snapper for video calls.
The USP here is the 4G LTE support. With most countries including India geared-up for next generation mobile data connection, this is a right move from the Canadian manufacturer.
The Leap runs BLackBerry 10.3 OS. Since BlackBerry cannot compete with Android and iOS on the apps count, it is focusing on security, productivity, communications expertise.
The BlackBerry Leap is expected to hit the markets in April. However, there's no word on the pricing yet.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499