Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:14 03rd Mar, 2015
BlackBerry Leap Goes Official At The MWC 2015
The budget handset features a 5-inch screen and 4G LTE support.
BlackBery might be struggling to capture the lost ground, but the Canadian brand refuses to give in. Full marks for the determination. Building on the mild success of the budget Z3, the company has unveiled BlackBerry Leap at the MWC.
The phone features a 5-inch HD display. The innards are almost similar to that of the BlackBerry Z3. It is powered by a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Plus chipset clocked 1.5 GHz. It has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. You can add another 128 GB of storage via microSD card slot.
Cameras has never been a priority for Blackberry. However, it is keeping up with other budget smartphones with an 8 megapixel snapper. There's also a 2 megapixel snapper for video calls.
The USP here is the 4G LTE support. With most countries including India geared-up for next generation mobile data connection, this is a right move from the Canadian manufacturer.
The Leap runs BLackBerry 10.3 OS. Since BlackBerry cannot compete with Android and iOS on the apps count, it is focusing on security, productivity, communications expertise.
The BlackBerry Leap is expected to hit the markets in April. However, there's no word on the pricing yet.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance