13:33 14th Aug, 2014
GUESS Teams Up With Martian Watches To Build Its Smartwatch
No, it will not be powered by Google’s Android Wear.
GUESS is clearly known in the fashion industry for their iconic designs. Whether its clothing or the watches that fetch a high asking price, GUESS clearly knows what consumers want and what they crave for. What GUESS also knows is that consumers aren’t too happy with LG’s drab and boring G Watch and the Samsung Gear Live. While we know that Samsung is working on another Gear watch, GUESS has also announced that it will be building its own smartwatch and that it will be partnering with Martian Watches to accomplish the same.
SEQUEL is the Swiss firm that owns the GUESS brand name and it just announced at a recent distributor conference that it plans to cash in on the smartwatch business. “It's the beginning of an era where wrist accessories will be able to do much more than tell time." said Cindy Livingston, President and CEO of SEQUEL.
As for Martian, it is known for building smartwatches with its own custom software for voice commands. Their watches can do everything from sending an sms to checking social media updates, (albeit on a single line display). Clearly GUESS plans to use Martian’s software and will steer clear of Google similar to what HP announced recently for their smartwatch.
Guess when it comes to expensive smartwatches customers really do not care about the apps but just how a watch looks and pay for premium design instead.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow