Alnoor M Peermohamed
12:42 09th Jul, 2014
Samsung Launches Camera Smartphone Galaxy K Zoom In India At Rs 29,999
Part point-and-shoot camera and part smartphone, will the combination work? We have no clue.
Korean electronics giant Samsung has launched its mutant Galaxy K Zoom smartphone/point-and-shoot camera in India at Rs 29,999. The highlight of the device is its 20.7MP camera equipped with a 10x zoom lens, that should appeal to those looking for the ultimate smartphone camera.
The Galaxy K Zoom is available in India immediately and should attract buyers looking for versatile camera control and functionality. While Amazon will be the exclusive online retailer for the K Zoom, Samsung will sell the device through its very own brick and mortar stores.
The device features a 4.8-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) Super AMOLED display, shielding a hexa-core (1.7 GHz Dual Core Cortex A15+ 1.3 GHz Quad Core Cortex A7) processor. Coupled with it is 2GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage memory that can be expanded to a maximum of 64GB via a microSD card.
Samsung's successor to the Galaxy S4 Zoom runs on Google's latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat, skinned with the company's propitiatory TouchWiz UI. In terms of connectivity the K Zoom supports 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC. All that hardware is powered by a 2,430mAh battery.
The most outstanding feature of the Galaxy K Zoom however is its camera. The rear of the device houses a 20.7MP CMOS sensor and a zoom lens with a focal length of 4.4-44mm. The 10x optical zoom is backed up by optical image stabilization, which should yield some crisp shots even with the lens barrel fully extended.
The K Zoom is capable of recording Full HD (1080p) video at 60fps, making it a favourite of those who like to experiment with slow-motion video. There are loads of control options and filters available for users to achieve the shot they're looking for. Another noteworthy feature is the Xenon flash unit, which should make for far better and more accurate colour reproduction in comparison to the standard LED units on most other phones.
In order to boost sales initially, Amazon is also offering the first 1,000 customers of the K Zoom a whole lot of freebies. Lucky customers will receive a pop out case, a 32GB microSD card, six free movie tickets and a discount coupon worth Rs 2,000 as well.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”