13:38 26th Nov, 2013
Eric Schmidt Teaches Users How To Port From iOS To Android
Pulls traffic to Google+ in the process too!
Google’s Eric Schmidt is back. No, he’s trying to prove to us again how safe Android really is. This time around he’s hitting three birds with one stone — upping sales of high-end Android handsets, trying hard to make Apple loyalists switch over to the Android platform, and at the same time drive more traffic to Google+.
Google’s chairman has taken it upon himself to pull iOS fans onto the Android bandwagon, with a “how to switch guide”, via Google+. The guide is quite comprehensive, and will come in handy for those who really do want to take the plunge. Check out the post here.
Taking advantage of the US holiday season, Schmidt posts: “Many of my iPhone friends are converting to Android. The latest high-end phones from Samsung (Galaxy S4), Motorola (Verizon Droid Ultra) and the Nexus 5 (for AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile) have better screens, are faster, and have a much more intuitive interface. They are a great Christmas present to an iPhone user!”
After such an amazing opening statement, his subsequent paragraph is laughable to say the least. “Here are the steps I recommend to make this switch. Like the people who moved from PCs to Macs and never switched back, you will switch from iPhone to Android and never switch back as everything will be in the cloud, backed up, and there are so many choices for you. 80% of the world, in the latest surveys, agrees on Android”. Why on earth would people using MACs, switch to a non-compatible platform without a forethought?
A few months back Microsoft tried something similar for its US-based customers, to woo them to switch from Android to the Windows Phone platform with the Switch to Windows Phone. How far these tactics go in wooing users, only time will tell.
Eric Schmidt :D pic.twitter.com/irwnyMadWP— Chandrakant Isi (@AgentISI) November 25, 2013
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499