10:53 07th Oct, 2015
Android 6.0 Marshmallow Updates Now Out For Some Android One Devices
Unlike Android Lollipop, Google seems to be prepared this time around with speedy updates.
Last year, after Google released the final Android 5.0 Lollipop code, the company clearly ignored the Android One line, which turned out to be the last devices to receive their updates. However, this year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, things are a bit different. And while the images for Google’s Nexus range of devices are already out, Android One owners are already reporting update notifications for the same.
The new updates are being pushed out to a specific set of devices in the Android One range in India. The update is 338.1 MB in size and the Micromax Canvas A1, Spice Dream UNO Mi-498 and Karbonn Sparkle V have begun to receive the same.
If your Android One smartphone is not a part of the above mentioned lot, well, you will need a bit of patience as the updates are rolling out gradually so it may take some time till your device receives the notification.
With most budget devices running mostly stock (or vanilla) Android 5.0 Lollipop it gets easier to build firmwares when you don’t have a custom UI (skin) to worry about. So it is only a matter of time when local smartphone brands in India begin issuing updates for their respective smartphones.
As for what comes with the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates, there’s app permissions, app links and the new Doze feature that puts your phone into a deep slumber when it is not in use, to conserve battery.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones