14:23 24th Sep, 2015
ASUS ZenFone Go Goes On Sale On Flipkart
Packs in powerful hardware to compete with its long list of competitors.
ASUS has finally given a price tag to its much-awaited ZenFone Go smartphone for the Indian market. The handset is competitively priced at Rs 7,999 and is now available for purchase on Flipkart.
The device packs in quite a punch when it comes to the hardware bits, but the same cannot be said about its design. The ZenFone design philosophy, which was exciting back when the first ZenFones arrived, seems done to death now. Still then, ASUS has managed to keep quality standards in check which is pretty good considering that the company now produces a number of smartphones across market segments. This is more so, considering that ASUS is new entrant in the smartphone market.
Coming to the hardware specifications of this budget smartphone:
- We get a 5 inch 720 p IPS display
- Inside, there is an unusual 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 chipset equipped with 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64 GB)
- The camera department consists of an 8 MP AF unit on the back with an LED flash and a 2 MP unit up front for selfies
- Strangely, the handset does not support 4G LTE radios
- All of the above is powered by a 2070 mAh battery and the smartphone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with ASUS’ Zen UI on top
The ASUS ZenFone Go is clearly the first ASUS smartphone to sport a MediaTek chipset. It packs in all the necessary chops that make it the perfect competitor to the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime, the Lenovo A6000 Plus and even the Motorola Moto E 4G. What it lacks however is 4G bands something that could be a deal breaker for many.
The ASUS ZenFone for now is available in the black option and in the 8 GB model only. Flipkart does have a 16 GB version that may be hitting the online shelves soon.
[Related: Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000]
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week