14:23 24th Sep, 2015
ASUS ZenFone Go Goes On Sale On Flipkart | TechTree.com
ASUS ZenFone Go Goes On Sale On Flipkart
Packs in powerful hardware to compete with its long list of competitors.
ASUS has finally given a price tag to its much-awaited ZenFone Go smartphone for the Indian market. The handset is competitively priced at Rs 7,999 and is now available for purchase on Flipkart.
The device packs in quite a punch when it comes to the hardware bits, but the same cannot be said about its design. The ZenFone design philosophy, which was exciting back when the first ZenFones arrived, seems done to death now. Still then, ASUS has managed to keep quality standards in check which is pretty good considering that the company now produces a number of smartphones across market segments. This is more so, considering that ASUS is new entrant in the smartphone market.
Coming to the hardware specifications of this budget smartphone:
- We get a 5 inch 720 p IPS display
- Inside, there is an unusual 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6580 chipset equipped with 2 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage (expandable up to 64 GB)
- The camera department consists of an 8 MP AF unit on the back with an LED flash and a 2 MP unit up front for selfies
- Strangely, the handset does not support 4G LTE radios
- All of the above is powered by a 2070 mAh battery and the smartphone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with ASUS’ Zen UI on top
The ASUS ZenFone Go is clearly the first ASUS smartphone to sport a MediaTek chipset. It packs in all the necessary chops that make it the perfect competitor to the Xiaomi Redmi 2 Prime, the Lenovo A6000 Plus and even the Motorola Moto E 4G. What it lacks however is 4G bands something that could be a deal breaker for many.
The ASUS ZenFone for now is available in the black option and in the 8 GB model only. Flipkart does have a 16 GB version that may be hitting the online shelves soon.
[Related: Top Smartphones Under Rs 10,000]
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals