17:46 16th Sep, 2015
Google Play Gift Cards Now Available On Snapdeal And Other Retail Stores
You can now purchase Google Play Gift Cards on Snapdeal for Cash-On-Delivery shipments.
On Tuesday, Sept 15, Google has announced wider availability of its gift cards in India.
To recall, the Search Giant had launched the prepaid vouchers in the country earlier in June in 3 denominations - Rs 500, Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,500.
However, while then it was announced to be available only at Vijay Sales and Spice Hotspot stores in few cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Kolkata and Hyderabad, the prepaid vouchers are now said to be available on leading e-commerce site Snapdeal.com even for cash payments.
Also, Google Play Prepaid Vouchers are now available in more physical stores such as Planet M, Planet Mobile and Sangeetha Mobiles.
Along with this, it is also worth noting that Google is now bringing these gift cards in 3 denominations - Rs 750, Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,500.
As most of us already know, these prepaid vouchers can be used in Google Play Store to purchase your favorite apps and games along with other digital content. It is also important to note that these gift cards can be used for in-app purchases too.
This step looks more promising for the search giant while it is trying to reach more and more users in India and complementing this, mobile Internet users are simply growing in the country.
Also, recently, Google announced the new pricing strategy of apps and games on Google Play Store to match the standards of Indian currency.
Having this said, Google Play Store must also begin to accept other modes of payment like Internet Banking and almost all Indian Debit & Credit cards.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones