13:35 16th Sep, 2015
Google Camera V3.0 Will Let You Know When Your Smartphone's Lens Is Dirty
A teardown reveals plenty of new features that may arrive after Android 6.0.
The current Google Camera that is available for download on the Google Play Store is great, but it is clearly not the best. In fact, it barely works for the thousands of Android smartphones out there. But Google is working on it.
Android Police has been snooping over the newest unreleased APK of Google Camera V3.0 and they have quite a story to tell.
The teardown of the APK reveals that features like Smart Burst and Creations are in the pipeline. Slow Motion is in the works as well. Although we aren’t sure as to which devices will support them. Automatic HDR+ is another, where the camera, similar to the iOS Camera app decides whether an HDR capture works better with the current scene.
Then there is apparently, a Dirty Lens Detection feature as well. There are plenty of instances where users simply pull out a smartphone out of the pocket and snap away only to realise that there was plenty of dust, dirt and grime stuck to the lens. Dirty Lens Detection will apparently prompt the user with messages like “Is your lens clean?” or “Lens may be dirty” to warn users of a dirty lens.
Lastly, there are the interface changes like a swipe to switch to video recording and a swipe back to switch to still images. Also noticed from the teardown is a hamburger menu that may host features like Photo spheres or Panorama in a separate interface.
Clearly, all of the above features may show up after Google releases its final version of Android Marshmallow v6.0.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones