12:40 01st Sep, 2015
Android Wear Is Now Available For iOS With Limited Features
Only supports the LG Watch Urbane for now.
Seems that Google is really interested in Apple’s iPhone users as the Android Wear app for iOS is finally rolling out. The app allows owners of Android Wear smartwatches to connect to an iPhone and will allow you to use a basic, limited set of features for now.
While those hooked up to multiple mobile ecosystems will be more than happy, there are a few problems. Firstly, the Android Wear app for iOS only supports the pricey, LG Watch Urbane for now. So if you have been using another model powered by Android Wear you will have to wait until support arrives via an update.
Secondly, and as was expected, it supports a limited number of features compared to what you get from an Android smartphone.
What you do get are access to notifications (from iOS apps), and Google Now’s contextual information (weather, traffic alerts etc.). Also included is the ability to change those watch faces on your Android Wear device.
While Google claims that it only works on the LG Watch Urbane, a few have been able to pair it with a Moto 360 as well. Also on the smartphone side of things, you will need an iPhone 5 or any newer model and iOS 8.2 or newer installed.
Indeed, what most do not notice, is that the Android Wear smartwatch makes it easier to for users to use Google Now. This for now, seems to be the search giant’s sole objective of this exercise.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones