11:17 27th Aug, 2015
Sony's New Xperia C5 Ultra Dual Features A Special Selfie Flash
Should help Sony stand out from a crowd of selfie smartphones.
Sony clearly invented the selfie smartphone with its Xperia C3 back in 2014 and today with the launch of its newest selfie machine is pulling off something similar.
The Xperia C5 Ultra Dual, which was announced earlier this month, brings in a couple of unique features. Some of them may be the baby steps to what we can begin to expect from upcoming Sony smartphones.
Talking about unique, this pro-selfie machine sports a stunning 6 inch, Full HD, IPS LCD display that runs from bezel to bezel and looks fantastic. The bezel-free display touches the metal frame, which is also the chassis of the device, managing a bigger display in a smaller footprint.
Clearly, the highlight of the Sony Xperia C5 Ultra is the front facing 13 MP unit. But its not just the stunning camera that’s the highlight, but also the flash. Sony claims that it utilizes a special flash called a soft LED flash, that is not as harsh as the one on the back, but built for shorter distances with better diffused lighting.
As for the rest of the specs of this dual SIM monster:
- We get a 6 inch Full HD IPS LCD Display (1920 x 1080 pixels) on the front
- Inside we have an octa-core, MTK6752 SoC clocked at 1.7 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera module along with an LED flash for both the front and the rear cameras
- As for the connectivity options, we get the usual 4G LTE bands with a Dual SIM set up, Bluetooth 4.1, DLNA, NFC, and Wi-Fi
- The handset runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and is powered by a 2,930 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual will be available in retail stores and online for Rs 29,990 in mint, black and white options and will compete with its own Xperia C4 and HTC’s Desire EYE among other selfie smartphones.
[Also Read: Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations]
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens