11:17 27th Aug, 2015
Sony's New Xperia C5 Ultra Dual Features A Special Selfie Flash
Should help Sony stand out from a crowd of selfie smartphones.
Sony clearly invented the selfie smartphone with its Xperia C3 back in 2014 and today with the launch of its newest selfie machine is pulling off something similar.
The Xperia C5 Ultra Dual, which was announced earlier this month, brings in a couple of unique features. Some of them may be the baby steps to what we can begin to expect from upcoming Sony smartphones.
Talking about unique, this pro-selfie machine sports a stunning 6 inch, Full HD, IPS LCD display that runs from bezel to bezel and looks fantastic. The bezel-free display touches the metal frame, which is also the chassis of the device, managing a bigger display in a smaller footprint.
Clearly, the highlight of the Sony Xperia C5 Ultra is the front facing 13 MP unit. But its not just the stunning camera that’s the highlight, but also the flash. Sony claims that it utilizes a special flash called a soft LED flash, that is not as harsh as the one on the back, but built for shorter distances with better diffused lighting.
As for the rest of the specs of this dual SIM monster:
- We get a 6 inch Full HD IPS LCD Display (1920 x 1080 pixels) on the front
- Inside we have an octa-core, MTK6752 SoC clocked at 1.7 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage that is expandable
- There is a 13 MP camera module along with an LED flash for both the front and the rear cameras
- As for the connectivity options, we get the usual 4G LTE bands with a Dual SIM set up, Bluetooth 4.1, DLNA, NFC, and Wi-Fi
- The handset runs Android 5.0 Lollipop and is powered by a 2,930 mAh battery
The Sony Xperia C5 Ultra Dual will be available in retail stores and online for Rs 29,990 in mint, black and white options and will compete with its own Xperia C4 and HTC’s Desire EYE among other selfie smartphones.
[Also Read: Top 5 Selfie Smartphone Recommendations]
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers