13:26 24th Aug, 2015
LG Announces Its Mid-Range G Pad II Tablet With 4G Bands | TechTree.com
LG Announces Its Mid-Range G Pad II Tablet With 4G Bands
Delivers a 4G capable tablet that goes premium on looks and hardware, but easy on the price.
LG has announced its new G Pad II tablet, one that will replace last year’s G Pad 10.1 a bit early this year. The announcement comes from its official blog, one that also mentions that the same will be showcased at the upcoming IFA Berlin, in September.
The new G Pad II seems like a great transition from the previous one, with a 10.1-inch (1920 x 1200) WUXGA display and an unusually slim 7.8 mm form factor. LG also claims that its newest tablet offering also sports the slimmest bezel, among the rest of its tablet competitors with a 10 inch display.
The device features a soft metallic finish, but enough about its construction. Let’s get into the specifications:
- We get a 10.1 inch WUXGA display
- Inside, there is a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.26 GHz with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage, which is expandable
- We have 5 MP camera on the back and a 2 MP front-facing unit
- On the connectivity front, there’s 4G LTE on board along with the usual Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.1
- The tablet weighs about 489 gms and runs on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and is powered by a 7400 mAh battery
Coming down to availability, LG has simply mentioned that it will be available in North America, Europe and Asia starting from this September. As for the price, keeping its mid-range internals in mind, we can easily expect it to be priced in sub Rs 25,000 tablet range.
A 4G tablet would be a welcome addition to LG's portfolio in India as well, but keeping dwindling tablet sales according to CMR data, we doubt there would be any interested buyers. The data indicates that while 4G device sales have shot up by quite a margin, tablet sales in India simply consist of just 0.3 percent of that pie.